Wednesday, December 30, 2009

le mistral ... chez delish

Lunched today at Le Mistral in West Houston. Fantastic. Was totally blown away ... from the warm, crusty bread to the impressive lunch/dinner menu to the criminal desserts (oh, yeah).

I had an all too brief, yet beautiful relationship with their Filet de Boeuf: a 6oz. filet mignon, bathed in Roquefort bleu cheese and a cognac sauce. The waiter brought me a swell knife; but none was needed. And though I limited myself to a lovely mid-day California Chardonnay, the cocktail selection and overall ambiance of the bar (nestled away in an entirely different part of the restaurant) looked saucy.

Those silly French. Lord knows they have their faults (that's another post), but they damn sure know how to eat.

Below are some shots from their facebook page; but honestly, the photos don't do it justice. I'll definitely be returning soon to sample what this tasty little Houston gem has to offer during the evening hours ....

2 comments: