Saturday, May 22, 2010

i'm not leaving, on a jet plane

Apparently planes aren't allowed to fly when "an indicator light" comes on. Blah blah blah. The protocol, instead, is to force the passengers to sit on the runway for an hour, eventually circle the aircraft back to the gate, offer to play the in-flight movie early for all of the folks stuck on the now grounded bird, then finally de-board the plane, only to announce (after 2 additional hours) that the wait-time will be at least 6 more hours ... at least.

As I sit here in the Baltimore airport with nothing to do but stew in frustration, I decided to photographically capture the irritation that currently surrounds me. I'm sorry ... my once shiny-happy blog has recently become somewhat a bastion of negativity. In the meantime, I bring you: Hell, as seen from Gate D-14 at BWI.

The sign says "Houston." Don't be fooled. This crappy plane isn't going anywhere.
One of several of the wheelchairs a couple of passengers miraculously seemed to "need" once they found out that being confined to one automatically brings you to the front of the line.
My worthless Boarding Pass
Unhappy passengers, waiting in the unending and unhelpful line of unfriendly gate attendants.
These are our pilots. They look unfazed, right? I've figured out it's because there's a fun & restful place where pilots are allowed to hang-out during situations like this. Me? Not so much.

Next time I'm going to do what Texans do well: Ride a horse.

2 comments:

  1. Giddy-up, my friend!

    That really sucks. Sucks, sucks, sucks. Just what the hell is wrong?

    Is there a place to have a cocktail? I think you need one!

    Sending happy thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so feel your pain. When I left NYC a week or so ago, we had 1. a cancellation at night, then 2. a 6 hour delay at LGA. Ours was an engine problem, so I guess it's good that they fixed it! :-) But I was with a group of great people + the agents were super helpful, but it is still the worst. xoxo

    ReplyDelete