Friday, July 31, 2009

a fine glass of hello kitty

I've actually heard of a Hello Kitty cocktail ... but Hello Kitty wine? Maybe I'm out of the loop, but Hello Kitty is helping market Italian wine--four different Italian wines, actually:
The range – all made from 100% Pinot Noir from the Oltrepo Pavese area – includes a red wine called Devil, a white named Angel, and two spumantes: a Brut Rosé and a demi-sec dubbed Sweet Pink.
I'll try anything once, but this one's kinda strange, don't you think? Then again, I was never a Hello Kitty fan; on the contrary, I find her popularity to be kooky. Here are the labels:

Something tells me this may be one that the girls will have to sample alone. With a few exceptions (whose names I'll withhold), I can't imagine many guys wanting to uncork a bottle of Hello Kitty Brut Rosé. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

1 comment:

  1. I was never a big hello kitty fan as a child and I also find the adult fascination with it a bit odd but I have to say I like these labels :) Do you have to order them online or are they available at Specs? or perhaps Sanrio Surprises? haha

    ReplyDelete