Sunday, July 19, 2009

sunday brunch at madden's

One of my very favorite restaurants in Bryan/College Station, Madden's, celebrated its five year anniversary today with a Sunday brunch. So my dad and his wife made reservations, drove up from Houston, and toasted Madden's success along with me. How can you go wrong celebrating, when other people do all of the work?

I have to confess: I splurged. Big time. After starting with a mimosa, I thoroughly enjoyed their "steak and eggs"--not something I would ever typically order--but hey, I did it for Madden's! My 3 oz., perfectly cooked filet arrived on a plate drizzled with tomatillo sauce. The fliet was topped with a poached egg and cilantro Hollandaise sauce. Holy cow. The dish was served with a baked sweet potato hash. Perfection. Oh yeah ... we may have shared a plate of ricotta and blueberry covered pancakes for dessert (with home-cured maple bacon on the side). I'm just sayin'.

A gorgeous Sunday morning.

2 comments: