Saturday, July 11, 2009

lunch & retail therapy in historic downtown bryan

I enjoyed a splendid lunch with one of my groovy girls. We ate at the Brazos Village Café, then did a little shopping at some local boutiques. So much charm and personality down there. Every time I go I discover something new.

The Brazos Village Café is wonderful. They actively support Brazos Valley businesses and farmers, using organic ingredients (homegrown breads, goat cheese, vegetables, meat, juices, etc.) in their kitchen. And the atmosphere is awesome. From 5pm - midnight they open their wine bar with live music. The best.


Next we did a little shopping. Few things make me happier than local merchants!

And it wouldn't be a day in Downtown Bryan without these obligatory shots:


A fun afternoon, despite the oppressive temperatures. The good thing: Everyone's in the same boat, and most are taking it with the quintessential B/CS smile.

1 comment:

  1. Your pics make me want to go hang out in downtown Bryan ... don't think I've ever said that. :)

    ReplyDelete