Tuesday, July 21, 2009

hgtv design star

I am addicted to this show. Always have been. This season's premier episode (DS4) kicked off Sunday night, and the judges are awesome: Vern Yip (love him), Candice Olson (brilliant) and Genevieve Gorder (brutally honest). So much drama. There is already such a clear line of demarcation between the haves and have nots. I'm a dork.

I become especially giddy when the designers have hideous rooms/ideas--my favorite part of the show by far. Check out this random fugliness with AstroTurf carpet. Vern Yip says to the two designers responsible: "Why is that chair so tall? How could you not find a normal, chair-height chair in all of Los Angeles?" Funny.


And this ridiculous, unfinished "taxidermy?" Huh? Disturbing, don't you think? I'd walk into that room on a daily basis and have the overwhelming urge to graffiti those things.



Then there are the crazy cool and fascinating decorating inspirations that I'd never have. Pink ducks? Are you kidding me? What a riot! And I love, love, LOVE that pink chair in the bottom left corner:



Can't wait for Episode 2 next Sunday: Dueling Kitchens!

No comments:

Post a Comment