Monday, August 9, 2010

survival straps

I'm always looking for ways to support U.S. soldiers who have served our country in Iraq and Afghanistan; so I was happy to come across Survival Straps. Made from paracords, they come as key rings, survival bracelets, dog collars, watch straps, and more.

I bought a key fob and love, love, love it. It's super durable (my ginormous set of keys resembles those carried by a janitor); is personalized, based on my two-color preference (I went with Texas Aggie maroon for both of my options); and best yet: Proceeds from sales go towards the Wounded Warrior Project.

We are extremely passionate in our support for our Men and Women in uniform. We realize that we are able to lay our heads down on our pillows safely at night because of the work that they do. We must honor those who serve our country and protect our freedom. They come from all walks of life and from every part of our country. We really hope that our customers use our gear as a vehicle to show support for the members of our armed services, and to help spread the word about the needs they have. Just as they have stood tall for our country, we must always stand by and support the Men and Women in uniform and their families.

Many of these brave Men and Women now need all of our help. That is why we decided to get involved with the Wounded Warrior Project. The struggles that our seriously wounded soldiers face when they get back home from Iraq and Afghanistan are enormous. We hope to do a small part in raising awareness for our Men and Women who have sacrificed so much for us. The Wounded Warrior Project is an incredible organization, with an impeccable reputation, that is doing some amazing work to help our soldiers who need it the most. They have an excellent website that does a great job explaining what the need is, and what they are doing about it. Please visit them at www.woundedwarriorproject.org.

Survival Straps can be made from two of 31 colors, so the combinations are endless. My key holder arrived in about a week:


I think they're great. And you never know when you'll need 6' of paracord :).

5 comments:

  1. Beverly,

    This looks like JUST what I need to keep all my new keys straight. For years, I had two. The mailbox the front door. This living in two places thing has added a new house key and a car key - I am lucky if, when I return to the City I am lucky enough to have the apartment key with me! :(

    Anywhoo... I thought of you when --->

    I found the roly polys in stock (and at a great price, might I add) at a place called The Cozy Pineapple! http://www.thecozypineapple.com/

    Just a little FYI.
    xoxABCD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'd also like to add that I really like the fact that this purchase goes towards such a good cause.

    Thanks for making me hip to them.
    :)

    ReplyDelete