Saturday, May 4, 2013

san franpsycho


(saw a t-shirt with that apropos moniker & loved it)

As part of my and my colleagues' annual quest for increased knowledge acquisition, collegiality, and--in great truth--to fulfill those parts of our grants that require dissemination of our research findings ;), I journeyed to San Francisco last week for a professional conference. Crazily, in my 40 years of life, I had never before visited the City by the Bay. It was ... interesting. And pretty. And inspiring. And interesting. And hilly. And odd. And interesting.

I continue to be amazed at how different are these 50 united(?) states from each other (to say nothing of the regional differences within larger states like California, Texas, and New York). SF is most definitely not home to some of my most favorite things (trucks, howdys, welcoming hugs, lone stars, real cowboys); but it does have some pretty fantastic weather, bread, chocolate, and opportunities for people-watching.

A few San Franpsycho images I captured with my camera:

Alcatraz

Wharf


Ghirardelli Square


Golden Gate Bridge





Fisherman's Wharf


One parting thought (with a tip of the hat to Train): If I could wish upon a star, I most definitely would not hitch a cable car. That experience--along with the cab rides--took me about as close to heaving as has any icky vehicular situation I've ever endured. SF, your streets are a never-ending roller coaster. I just can't do it.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment