Tuesday, April 5, 2011

agave nectar

Have you ever tried agave nectar? It's a natural sweetener (introduced to me by a dear friend) that I'm loving. You know when you pull the center out of a honeysuckle flower and suck on that tiny little droplet of sweetness? That's exactly of what the taste of agave nectar reminds me. I don't think it's supposed to be any healthier than other sweeteners per se, but it's fun to try something different. And I really like the floral taste.

Lately I've been stirring it into oatmeal in the a.m., with tasty results. I've also tried drizzling a little over fresh fruit and squeezed some into hot tea. Delish. If you haven't tried it yet, grab some from your grocery store (my guys stock it next to the honeys/jams/etc.).


1 comment:

  1. Yes, I use agave nectar all the time for a sweetener (dark and light). Much better for the bod than sugar.

    It's absolutely delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete