Bel Brands USA, a subsidiary of French cheese producer Fromageries Bel, has launched a promotion for its Mini Babybel cheese brand.
The company has named 20 August, 'take your cheese to work day', in a bid to encourage people to choose a "healthy snacking alternative" like Mini Babybel, the company said . . . .
Sure, it's a shameless marketing ploy, but I'm actually a big fan of Mini Babybel and Laughing Cow cheeses. I love eating them right out of the wrapper; however, they're equally wonderful for cooking. A few Laughing Cow recipes, from Hungry Girl:
- Mac & Cheese
- Egg Mug Classic (one of my favorites. I add Tobasco's Green Jalapeño Pepper Sauce to mine)
- Fettuccine Alfredo (surprisingly awesome)
- Pizza bagels (another fave o' mine)
- Nacho cheese (haven't tried this yet)
- Rockin' casseroles (ditto)
If only I had this super chic lunch box from My Sparrow in which to take my cheese with me . . . .
And perhaps a mini bottle of Veuve Clicquot to go with my mini babybel?