Wednesday, August 19, 2009

august 20 : : 'take your cheese to work' day

Yep, tomorrow's the day -- as if I needed any incentive to eat more cheese.

Bel Brands USA, a subsidiary of French cheese producer Fromageries Bel, has launched a promotion for its Mini Babybel cheese brand.

The company has named 20 August, 'take your cheese to work day', in a bid to encourage people to choose a "healthy snacking alternative" like Mini Babybel, the company said . . . .

Sure, it's a shameless marketing ploy, but I'm actually a big fan of Mini Babybel and Laughing Cow cheeses. I love eating them right out of the wrapper; however, they're equally wonderful for cooking. A few Laughing Cow recipes, from Hungry Girl:


If only I had this super chic lunch box from My Sparrow in which to take my cheese with me . . . .


And perhaps a mini bottle of Veuve Clicquot to go with my mini babybel?

3 comments:

  1. I want to make that Mac and Cheese recipe! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be frowned upon if I snuck a bottle of bubbly in to work with me. I'll have to make-up for it after hours.

    ReplyDelete