Friday, August 14, 2009

whatever, martha!

How had I never seen this show before last week? No clue, as I'm a big Fine Living channel fan. Regardless, Whatever, Martha! has found a permanent home on my TiVO, and it's the funniest thing ever.

The rest of the world undoubtedly knows the show's premise, but I did not. Hosted by Martha Stewart's daughter, Alexis, and her friend, Jennifer Koppelman Hutt (the same gals from Sirius Radio's, Whatever with Alexis and Jennifer), the two sit around, watching re-runs of Martha's "handiwork" from her older TV shows, providing running color commentary. Effin' hysterical. My out of control laughter last night scared my cats (shut up. that's how I roll). I'm sure my neighbors were equally annoyed.

From a NYT article a year ago (where the heck have I been?):
Alexis Stewart said in an interview that the sometimes harsh opinions -- nothing is off limits, including her mother's clothes, fastidiousness, and habit of mixing sexual innuendo with her household hints -- is simply the truth.

“She would say it herself,” she said. “Given a drink or two.”

That’s debatable, said Martha Stewart. “I take what I do very seriously, and I think there is a lesson to be learned in every segment. But contrary to popular opinion, I do have a sense of humor.”


2 comments:

  1. Hi Beverly! Thank you for the comment on my blog today. I'm even more thrilled you commented bc it led me to your fanfreakintabulous blog!!! Dying over it's fabulousness. Glad we are connected now. Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to check this show out. It sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete