Thursday, August 13, 2009

greek chic

I'm in Houston for a brief getaway, and my mom introduced me to an amazing Greek grocery store--Phoenicia. We (sister and I) were wanting to cook Ina Garten's recent Greek menu (Spanakopita, grilled lamb kabobs, Greek salad, tzatziki), and this authentic Greek locale was the perfect spot to snag exactly what was needed!

Here are a few shots I snapped:

on-site pita making:

I'm not an olive eater; but their selection is impressive:

just a few feta cheese options:

drool:

more cheese:

puff, puff, pass (lousy pic--it was taken through Plexiglas). Not something sold at H.E.B.:

self-explanatory ... but so pretty:
pottery:

So much culture--not just Greek, but many other European representatives and a big offering of Middle Eastern stuff. Opa!

1 comment: