Sunday, August 30, 2009

harvest hues

A little over a month ago I blogged about the prevalence of orange and purple this summer. Well guess what three colors In Style Magazine is touting as fall's hottest? Teal, papaya, and amethyst (must we use such esoteric terms as "papaya" and "amethyst" to describe orange and purple? So silly).

I'm still somewhat uncertain about these trends. Who originates them, anyway? I didn't get a vote (I'd have gone with a mustard gold, tawny port red, and chocolate brown [notice my food/beverage common thread?]); but here are a few of In Style's suggestions for "working fall's best colors:"

Teal:

Papaya:

Amethyst:
Lauren by Ralph Lauren Polyester faille coat

Wendy Mink Jewelry - Gold vermeil, resin, amethyst and agate necklace

Maybelline New York Expert Wear eye shadow in Night Sky & Nars nail polish in Tokaido Express

Take 'em for what they're worth. I'll probably channel my fashion advice through Robert Frost and take the road" less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." :)

2 comments: